tool for every home and office these days.
With crime rates increasing in the
type. Both types have their own unique characteristics.
Which of these types of
used because of their longer range and lens size.
They are good for
Dome camera advantages
- One of the biggest advantages is that a person cannot easily tell which way the camera is pointing, thanks to its dome shape.
- These cameras are perfect for indoor installation due to their compact design and minimum space consumption.
- These cameras cannot be easily vandalized as the lens is protected by the dome, which is usually made of tough material. There are also special vandal-proof dome cameras available.
- This camera has better coverage due to its 360-degree rotating design. It can cover all sides of a large area under surveillance.
- Dome cameras cannot be repositioned or tampered with by intruders or miscreants, and none of the moveable components are accessible from the outside, unlike bullet cameras.
- Dome cameras are weatherproof as they are enclosed and usually installed in a position where direct sunlight or rain doesn’t reach them.
- Dome cameras are good for a more covert application as these can be easily hidden from plain sight, unlike bullet cameras.
Bullet camera advantages
uses. Here are some of the major advantages of the bullet camera:
- Bullet cameras can usually fit bigger lenses owing to their construction. This means that they have a longer range of view.
- These cameras are perfect for outdoor surveillance where you need to see up to a longer distance.
- These cameras usually stick out of the wall or pole they are attached to and can serve as a warning to people that they are under surveillance. When you want people to know that the place is under watch, bullet cameras are a better option.
- Bullet cameras are comparatively easier to install as they can be mounted on any vertical or horizontal surface.
- A bullet camera can be easily repositioned to change the field of view. But this also comes with the risk of being tampered with by intruders.
Choosing between a dome and a bullet camera
camera is easily visible, and intruders would be intimidated by it.
If you need a more covert or hidden surveillance, you should rather go for a dome security